Physiotherapy improves the recovery rate of patients who have undergone surgery. Physiotherapy facilitates self management by the patient which empowers them in their healing and recovery process. Physiotherapy facilitates peak movement and peak mobility for the patient so that they can live independent lives and are not as dependent on community support and resources.
We embrace a comprehensive approach to treatment, working with general practitioners and specialists in orthopaedics, sports medicine, neurosurgery, hand surgery and plastic surgery to bring you the very best in patient care. We provide thorough and timely assessment, education, preventative care and treatment to ensure that you receive optimal management of your injury.
Our practice offers a comprehensive range of services which includes assessment and management of:
- sports injuries
- back & neck pain
- soft tissue “sprains and strains”
- work related injury management
- hand and upper limb injury clinic, including thermoplastic splinting
- men’s and women’s health and continence
- pre and post operative rehabilitation programs
- pregnancy related lower back and pelvic girdle pain
- synthetic casting & plaster casting
- rehabilitation gym
Occupational Therapists assess and treat patients (adults and children) being admitted for elective surgery or treatment. The aim is to enable people to achieve as much as possible for themselves and to do the things that are important to them. Occupational therapists work with people who may have physical, mental or social problems, either from birth or as a result of an accident, illness or ageing. They are aware of the impact on people’s lives and their ability to participate in society.
Occupational Therapists discuss any personal important issues with regard to how patients will manage their everyday activities of daily living within their home environment such as, washing, dressing, getting around indoors and outdoors, bathing, preparing and eating meals, or participating in work, school or leisure activities.
Summary of services provided
• Specialised splinting service
• Hand assessment
• Scar & oedema management
• Upper limb retraining
• Rheumatology service including education, joint protection, energy conservation, advice and prescription of adaptive equipment;
• Activities of daily living assessment
• Seating assessment & advice
• Wheelchair assessment and training
• Kitchen assessment
• Functional assessment including legal reports
• Paediatric assessment
• Hoist training
Our Occupational Therapist assist patients to become as independent as possible to enable them to be safe at home after leaving hospital. We firmly believe that every patient has a right to safe, high quality and affordable health and human services when they need them. We work to deliver efficient and effective health and human services, and aim to put our clients and patients at the centre of every decision.